There’s a lot of support for businesses to help them through the Coronavirus Covid-19 period. Below are some useful links to both national and local websites to help businesses find out more about support they can access.
UK government support
Guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic:
The latest up-to-date government guidance on Coronavirus support for businesses:
Additional resources, including relevant business case studies, FAQs and bulletins you may find helpful:
Use this business support finder to see what support is available for you and your business:
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is extended by one month to reflect continuing social distancing measures. This guide explains the information that employers need to provide to claim for their employees’ wages.
Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan
The Chancellor announced a new loan scheme - the Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan - to help small and medium-sized businesses affected by coronavirus.
Key details of the loan:
- the scheme will go live from Monday 4th May 2020 and cash will be released within days for eligible businesses
- businesses can borrow between £2,000 and £50,000
- the Government will guarantee 100% of the loan and there won’t be any fees or interest to pay for the first 12 months
- loan terms will be up to 6 years
- the Government will work with lenders to agree a low rate of interest for the remaining period of the loan.
- the scheme will be delivered through a network of accredited lenders
The Skills Toolkit
DfE has launched The Skills Toolkit, a new online platform giving people easy access to free, high-quality digital and numeracy courses to help them build up their skills, progress in work and boost their job prospects:
In addition to the government support there a number of other support schemes that individuals and businesses may find useful.
Worcestershire Business Central Support for your business
Has you business been affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Worcestershire Business Central (the county’s Growth Hub) is the first port of call for your business enquiry, with up to date and relevant information direct from Government. Support includes:
- information on accessing Government-funded support, including grants and rate relief
- information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) Job Retention Scheme
- support for businesses through the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- general advice and guidance
The government are updating their advice and guidance on a daily basis. All partners are working together to ensure the advice you receive is clear, accurate and relevant.
Website: Worcestershire Business Central (opens in a new window)
Telephone: 01905 677888
You can also get all the latest business support news and updates on COVID-19 by signing-up to the Worcestershire Business Central newsletter (opens in a new window)
Worcestershire Jobs Match
- Are you a business needing to take on staff during the Covid 19 pandemic?
- Are you a business making redundancies during the pandemic?
- Are you an individual facing redundancy?
- Are you looking for work during this time?
Then Worcestershire Jobs Match can help, please visit Worcestershire Business Central - Worcestershire Jobs Match site (opens in a new window)
Online training courses
New online training courses available to businesses, provided by the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce.
The suite of virtual training courses has been designed to aid businesses who are planning to, or are already returning to work and helping businesses to restart and recover. To find out more go to Events & Training Calendar (Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce website, opens in a new window).
Other local support
District Councils Information for Coronavirus Covid-19 Business
Following the recent support packages announced by HM government, local authorities will be administering the following schemes
Business Rates Holiday for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure
- Cash Grant for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure from £10,000 to £25,000
For further information please follow the links below to your District Council:
How you can help
Firms who wish to help the community can now easily volunteer their goods, services and time thanks to the #Here2Help campaign from Worcestershire County Council. Just fill out the form on the website (opens in a new window), and the council’s team will put you in touch with people who have requested support.