A unique opportunity to represent your business sector and regionPublished: Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
Do you want to join the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce Area Council? Well, you're in luck!
Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce are currently recruiting for businesses to join their Area Councils. They have two vacancies in Herefordshire and one vacancy in Worcestershire and are looking for businesses from the following sectors, but would welcome applications from any interested Members:
• Aerospace, Defence & Security
• Agriculture, Farming & Horticulture
• Building & Construction
The Chamber has two Area Councils, one that represents Herefordshire and one that represents Worcestershire. They meet six times a year, three meetings per county and three meetings jointly. These meetings are comprised of fifteen specialists from different sectors across the county who feedback about their respective professions.
The feedback is then used to formulate Chamber policy on the most important economic issues facing the region’s businesses. The Area Councils form a key part of their governance structure and have links to the Chamber Board.
Candidates for election to an Area Council:
• Must be a current member of the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce
• Must hold a senior position within the business, such as Business Owner, CEO or Senior Director
• May only seek election to the Area Council where their business is located or in which they live
• Must fit in with the Chamber’s ethos and principles
• Must be able to meet the time demands of the role on a voluntary basis
Key Responsibilities of Area Council members include:
• To maintain close contact with members at a local level to help provide sector information to the Board and Chief Executive
• To identify key issues that need to be taken up by the Chamber
• To represent both your individual business and your business sector
• To actively support Chamber membership recruitment and retention initiatives
• To be an ambassador for the Chamber
• To ensure that local networking activities are taking place and to support those activities
Sharon Smith, CEO Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce, said: “The Area Council provides an important opportunity for businesses to get their key concerns heard and communicated to the Chamber, who then use this information to inform its policy and lobbying efforts.
“As a Member of the Area Council you will be representing your sector within your region and be a vital part of ensuring key business concerns are heard and communicated to the Chamber. This information is then used inform key decision makers both locally and nationally of the support businesses require. We look forward to welcoming successful applicants to be part of an already successful programme.”
To find out more about our sector representatives and the area council visit the dedicated website page www.hwchamber.co.uk/about-us/your-sector-representatives.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill in the self-nomination form which can be downloaded here www.hwchamber.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Nomination-form-Area-Council-2021.docx and send to email@example.com. The deadline for receiving applications is 5pm on Friday 19 March 2021.