Entries for the 2020 Chamber Business Awards are now open. The black-tie event, sponsored by FOLK2FOLK, will take place on Thursday 2 July at the Worcester Arena, with over 680 guests it is one of the highlights of the business calendar.
More articles in the
The Awards are free to enter for Members and Non-members of all sizes and sectors. The opportunities that come alongside entering an award are invaluable, including a great boost to staff morale, a powerful tool to raise your profile and a way to stand out against your competitors.
Some categories provide the chance for businesses to be entered into the British Chambers of Commerce Awards, where winners from Herefordshire and Worcestershire have previously been named as UK winners.
All businesses are encouraged to enter at lease one of the 15 categories available this year, including two brand new categories for the 2020 awards; Commitment to the Community, sponsored by Sanctuary Group and Excellence in Sustainability.
The Full list of categories available for this year’s awards are:
- NEW – Commitment to the Community Award, Sponsored by Sanctuary Group
- NEW – Excellence in Sustainability, Sponsorship available
- Best use of Technology, Sponsored by TechTeam
- Employer of the Year, Sponsored by University of Worcester
- Excellence in Customer Service, Sponsored by Air Products
- Excellence in Innovation, Sponsored by Malvern Science Park
- Exporter of the Year, Sponsored by Malvern Panalytical
- Family Business of the Year, Sponsored by Harrison Clark Rickebys
- Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace, Sponsored by Cargill Protein Group
- High Growth Business of the Year, Sponsored by EBC Group
- Manufacturer of the Year, Sponsored by OGL Computers
- Micro Business of the Year, Sponsored by Worcestershire Business Central
- Most Promising New Business, Sponsored by mfg Solicitors LLP
- Small Business of the Year, sponsored by Orchard Valley Foods
- The Professional Services Award, Sponsored by Worcestershire County Council
An awards preparation event was held yesterday at Worcestershire County Cricket Club, where 50 prospective award winners met to be informed about the awards entering process and the regional and national process, the new online entry system was also explained to attendees.
The event also served to provide advice and guidance to this years awards and also included tips from judges and previous award winning businesses including; Emma Chetwynd Jarvis, Rockpower Connections (previous winner of the Small Business of the Year Award), Shelly Edwards, Kingspan Insulation (previous winner of the Excellence in Customer Service Award) and Chris Walklett, Bishop Fleming (previous regional & national winner of the Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace Award and national overall Business of the Year).
Guests found the event to be very helpful and useful for their future applications, and also welcomed hearing from previous award winners on their best tips and advice.
Entries for the 2020 Chamber Business Awards are now open, to start your submission click here.
For further information on the awards and how to enter please visit our bespoke Chamber Awards webpage or contact our events team by email on email@example.com or call 01905 673 612