The revolutionary HERU unit turning everyday plastic items into energy
Worcestershire Talks: Listen to Nik Spencer, CEO, Mission HERU on the invention that turns “waste” into energy
Published date Tuesday, 04/07/2023 - 12:00
Speaking at The Worcestershire Business Conference on Sustainability, Nik explains:
- Why in the UK we are now paying businesses £3000 pounds a MWh to switch their electricity off in the winter months, to make sure that the UK can power our homes and cars.
- How the HERU works to turn items previously discarded with no purpose therefore becoming “waste” into energy.
- Mission HERU’s plans to soak up the job losses from the car industry caused by the sector’s move to electric cars.
- Who the HERU’s early adopters are including Severn Trent, Thames Water, United Utilities, Welsh Water, Southern Water; Siemen’s global flagship manufacturing facility at Congleton; Perkins engine building facility; NHS.
- Which book helped Nik through the long 10-year journey from prototype to production.
For more information on Mission HERU: https://www.myheru.com/
Worcestershire Talks by oneworcestershire.co.uk
Live, Work, Learn, Visit, and Invest in Worcestershire