One Worcestershire respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice lets you know how we look after your personal data. The One Worcestershire website, is hosted by Worcestershire County Council (WCC). This privacy notice should therefore be read alongside WCC's full privacy notice.
Purpose for processing
Personal data is processed to manage the One Worcestershire website either directly or jointly with partners and commissioned private and third sector providers.
- monitoring website analytics to track and improve customer experience
- customer feedback collection
Please note: We will not share your information with any third party without first getting your express permission to do so.
Personal information collected and lawful basis
The service processes personal information which is relevant to individual cases which may include, but is not limited to, the following personal data:
- your name
- your address, email address and telephone number(s)
- information relating to the manner in which and the devices you use to access our website
- your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- any additional information we require in order to provide you with our products or services
The legal bases for processing this personal information are:
- necessary for a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- consent of the individual in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Who we may share your information with
We may need to share the personal information you have given to us or we’ve collected about you with partner organisations where relevant. These include but are not limited to:
- Worcestershire County Council
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law (for example, to prevent crime), or you have given your prior consent, or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing, or subject to a data protection exemption.
How long we will hold your information
We will not keep your information longer than it is needed. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept. We may keep your data longer if we need to retain it for legal, regulatory, or evidential or best practice reasons. We will dispose of all records in a secure way, whether they are on paper or electronic.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to our make a data protection request webpage to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the circumstance and legal basis. Please in the first instance contact firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these Information Rights.
You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
The ICO is an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK. They can also provide advice and guidance and can be contacted: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; telephone: 0303 1231113.
Please see our overarching privacy notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
Changes to this notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This notice was last updated on 26 October 2023.